Thursday, September 21, 2006

Broken 100!

Me: 438
Ian: 535
Difference: 97

I've closed the difference between me and Ian to a mere 97 pounds (when you're 438 pounds, 97 is 'mere'). Making this much progress is really quite exciting. I'm far more comfortable with my size now than the last time I was this big. A lot of that has to do with Ian being the fat one, I don't feel quite as awkward as before. Also, while it's a new experience in many ways, it's also something I've done before, so I know what to expect, and that makes it much easier to accept.

Ian's bought some weights and has begun doing some simple weight training in the apartment. We don't have any big bulky equipment, there's no where to put it, but he's got some dumbbells to start with, and a barbell that he hasn't touched yet. Sherry figures that his body is getting used to using its muscles, and it's time to start pushing them. It'll help him burn calories quicker which should help him both lose weight, and increase his mobility, flexibility and balance.

I talked with Amy a bit. She says she's crazy busy and doesn't have much of an appetite. Thomas pointed out that she's still eating tonnes, so her idea of 'no appetite' might be a tad skewed these days. I asked her about the blog, again, and she hasn't consulted a lawyer about the legality of her contract, but the last thing she wants is for her contract to be declared void. No blog for now. When you consider a scientist can be fired for not referring to the government as The New Government, I'm thinking that she's not in a hurry to test any theories. If you have any other ideas, I'll pass them along.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?