Friday, September 01, 2006

September the First

I'm one happy fat chick! I've been eating like crazy, and it just feels so comfortable, so familiar, so right!

During the day I'm snacking on fruit, bagels, veggies and the occasional cookie. Sherry has been kind enough to keep me company while the little ones try to get into trouble. I'm still surprised that she's more than happy to get up and take care of things for me, but I guess I'm not about to argue either.

In the evenings, it's party time. It's Amy's birthday this week, and rather than getting her drunk, we've been getting her stuffed. Last night she was over for dinner, I got a huge pot of pasta going, a loaf of garlic bread, and Ian just served us all night. When that was gone, we moved on to chocolate cake with ice cream. By the time she left, I couldn't get up, Ian actually went home with her to help make sure she got there okay, it was marvellous! Wednesday night was the same, but with pizza and a pan of Nanimo bars, except Amy made it home under how own power that time.

While the changes in my body haven't been all that dramatic, a couple of pounds is like a change of clothes, my lifestyle has been changing. I've allowed myself to get lazy again. I wasn't exactly a dynamo before, but Ian's happy to do the laundry, and Sherry doesn't mind handling the dishes, so if there's nothing left for me to do, I'm not going to go looking for something to do. The place is still in great shape, so I don't mind leaving it in their hands. My body has very comfortably shifted back into its sedentary mode, I'm enjoying it, and already feeling much more in tune with my body, in tune with my appetite, and in tune with my fat.

The baby's up, so, in short, I'm loving it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?