Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Snacks for a Rainy Day

It's another grey day in London. Not much to do but chores, snack and blog. I have no desire to do chores.

I don't actually know Alex's weight. I do know that he's exceeded Amy's old 440 pound scale. I don't know if he weighed in while Michel and I were making dinner, though it's tough to say if he'd have mentioned it with Ken and Sherry around anyway. If I had to guess, I'd say Alex is between 480 and 500 pounds. It's tough to get a good estimate, everyone is built differently, carries their weight differently, and even the same person can look bigger or smaller at similar weights (such as myself!). Next time I see Alex, I'll let him know that there are inquiring minds.

Amy has found a group of friends who aren't Thomas's friends. In any relationship, it's important to have friends who aren't your significant other's friends. In our case, they're mostly Ian's coworkers, since I moved to London to join some friends and he followed. Since Amy's co-workers are Thomas's friends, she needed some other people to hang out with, and she's got them. She never thought she'd be hanging out with construction workers, but she seems to be getting along pretty well with the guys doing her office work. She's been out with them a few times to watch the hockey games, and they're quite impressed how much she can eat.

Amy also says her appetite is getting stronger by the day.

Now that they're out of the way, I can report that Ian did enjoy a hearty Thanksgiving 2 on the weekend, he's basically back into his routines of cardio, weight lifting and responsible eating. I'm still stuck on the half proud/half sad view of him. It's incredible that he's stuck to it, the changes are nothing short of spectacular, and I love that he's got this iron will. At the same time, I miss doting on my big soft cuddle-bear.

The good does outweigh the bad though, as while I'm losing my cuddle-bear, I'm becoming a cuddle-bunny, and that's just as much fun, albeit in different ways. Closing in on 450 pounds, my weight really is catching up with me. On days where I'm up and about, it's not such a big deal for some reason, but on a quiet rainy day where I'm apartment bound, I get a little more in touch with my outer BBW. I feel the weight pulling me down a little more, I feel myself spreading out a little more, I'm more aware of the extra effort 450 pounds requires to get around a tiny apartment. I really enjoy that though. I like days where I'm busy, of course, but having these quiet down days, so I can contemplate my expanding belly are nice. It won't be long before all my days are busy, and I just won't be as in touch with my body as I can be today.

There's just something very satisfying about being fat, and sitting still.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?