Monday, October 02, 2006

Weekend Update

After a LONG dreary week, things finally perked up on Sunday. The sun was out, the air was warm, and the trees were on full display. We're just transitioning into that sweet spot where some trees have changed colours, but leaves haven't started falling en mass yet. It was a great day to go for a walk in the park, and take some time to do some painting. I brought Ian and Paul, and Sherry and her family. The guys looked after the kids while Sherry watched me paint. She's never really seen me at work before (mostly because I hardly ever paint any more). I figured it was only fair, since I've seen the results of her work on Ian.

It's always a little odd when a non-painter watches a painter. For the longest time, I could never understand why everyone can't paint. It's so easy, you just paint what's in your mind. Some people see 'reality' in the their mind, other people see 'impressions', and others... well... imagination lives in the mind. It took me time to learn that not everyone has developed the coordination to let your hands create what's in your mind. It's the same thing when Ian sets up some fancy computer programme, and then tears his hair out when I can't figure out where to click. I can learn it, but I can't just figure it out like he can. Or when Amy went over my budget. I understand what the numbers mean, and with time can figure out what's 'best', but she can just take a quick look, tell me where everything should go and I'm just 'wow'.

Sherry is definitely not artistically inclined, so she really enjoyed watching the process. She didn't ask about it at all, which is good, I can't explain it. I just paint!

Saturday was definitely a day to stay in. Ian didn't have any exercises planned, so he took a day to spoil me. I'll never get enough of those! These days spoiling me is pretty simple, some low light, some warming massage oil, and enough chocolate to fill... um... me. I'm sorry, I just can't come up with a good chocolate eating metaphor. Doesn't matter, I'm sure by now you're guessing I can eat a lot, lol. There really is a special pleasure to be full of chocolate and having your husband's powerful hands deliver an expert massage.

Comments:
Hi Char
Does the painting style of a fat Charlotte differ in some indefinable way from what a thin Charlotter would have peinted?

.... Nick
 
This is an interesting article. http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/story/0,,1886016,00.html
What do you think?
 
Here's the link again, since it looks like it was cut off.
 
What kind of things do you paint, and in what style? It would be great if you talked somewhat about your creative life....
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?