Friday, November 10, 2006

Back to Work Shopping

Since even my maternity work clothes are on the teeny side I had to make a run for the border for some clothes to wear to work next week. It was also the first time I've taken Sherry along for buying fat girl clothes, so she could finally see what I mean about selection. It's been getting better, and there are plenty of stores now, in the US, that I can go to. The selection may be smaller than for skinny girls, but I did get everything I needed and pretty much what I wanted.

The fun part of being fat is that you just don't know what's going to fit and what isn't. 5x, size 36, is that for someone with a big bum or a big belly? Only one way to find out! I tried on tonnes of clothes, it's fun to see how my body looks in a thousand different sizes, styles and colours, what works, what doesn't, what *I* like and what *society* is ready for. The draw back of being fat is that trying on a lot of clothes means a lot of time on your feet, shimmying in and out of clothes that might be a lot tight. I'd love to try on clothes all day, but I'm not really up to that any more.

Sherry did have fun keeping me company though. She's got a pretty good eye for what does and doesn't work, and she even learned pretty quickly how to spot what would and wouldn't fit me. She's better at it than I am. Of course, she can see all of me, and all I can see are my boobs and belly.

We'll have to go shopping for new clothes for her in a couple of months she figures. Her clothes are getting a tad tight, but she likes how it feels for now.

In Amy news she still doesn't know what her weight is. Now that their office is a little more settled she's making a better effort at keeping snacks handy. They've got drop in business, so it's nice to have food available anyway. This just gives her that extra excuse to have a few extra doughnuts. "Gotta make room for the fresh ones." She has been friends with the construction guys. They're on to their next job, but still inviting her out for beer and wings on game night, and they're still trying to see how many wings it takes to fill her up. She was a little worried they were just being nice 'cause she was signing the cheque.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?