Monday, November 06, 2006

A Beautiful Fall

Word from Calgary has it that Amy's still losing weight, and I might be able to retake Amy in the raw tonnage category any day now! I'm sorry to hear that she's losing weight, but I never thought I'd have an opportunity to be fatter than her again, I'm really quite excited about that! She is quick to point out that since I'm taller, she's technically fatter. That's just what skinny people say to feel good about themselves, lol.

Amy's already made her New Year's resolution to get back to gaining weight, she figures things will be running smoother by then so she can spend a little more time eating than she does now. I'm sure I'll be far bigger by then, BMI or no BMI.

The weekend was fabulous weather wise out here. The park is absolutely stunning, so Ian, Sherry and Ken took the kids around the park while I did some pencils. And by doing pencils, I mean I ate with my sketch pad somewhere on the bench... I'm trying to enjoy the nice weather, but I'm trying to build up my appetite too! I hate having to choose one over the other, but the weather and the park will not last, I can always eat more later.

And I did eat more later too.

Ian's got the apartment running pretty smoothly. We've had to make some adjustments now that Paul is cruising the furniture. He can get into things he couldn't before, so it's almost a race to stay one step ahead of him. The results make the place look a little minimalist from 3 feet down, but there's a lot less shouting 'no' now too. It also forces us to decide what to do about things, and it's nice to make some changes around the place, just for the sake of change.

I love how the relationship between me and Ian changes as out relationships with food change, how the dynamic between us fluctuates with our fluctuating weights. It just seems natural to fill each others' needs as our needs change. When Ian was fat and I was smaller, I had no problem taking care of everything for him. We never discussed it, it just happened. Now that Ian's in better shape and I'm taking on greater proportions, he's happy to do the things that I can't or won't. There's no list, he just does them. (Note, I'm not just talking about house hold chores either. It just occurs to me Paul might read this one day, and that's the last thing he'll want to read about...)

It's funny, I catch myself thinking that I'm fatter than Ian, and I'm still not. He's 525 pounds, I'm 451 pounds, which is a 74 pound difference, even by BMI he's still the fat one. For a while though, it just feels like I'm fatter than he is. It has a lot to do with his energy level, he really doesn't act like he's 500+ pounds, or at least he doesn't act like he used to act when he was 500+ pounds. I love having that feeling, that I'm bigger than he is, even though he's still titanically huge. He's just not nearly as big as he was before. He looks more rugged now, with the fat melting away from his hips and chest he doesn't look as girlie as he did at 600 pounds. Maybe that's the difference?

Oh, and Sherry isn't interested in creating a website right now. She actually has some friends who have sites up, and they spend a lot of time keeping it running smoothly, and they're not exactly swimming in money from those ventures. She has been invited to join her friends in the past though, and they've given her some advice which seems pretty sound to me.

If you'd like to email her, just email me and I'll forward you to her... if I think you're worthy of my busy friend's time...

Comments:
Hi Char
Is one of the motivations for going back to work is that you have visions of one day being over 700lbs if you stayed at home and you are not sure that you want to deal with that possibility?
(Even though there is a portion of your mind that would be delighted by the idea)

All the best Nick
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?