Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The Dawn of 2007

A year ago I was blaming hormones for my appetite and pregnancy for my weight.

Guess I was wrong.

Oh well, it's been a fantastic year anyway: Paul has hit a million different milestones! I know a lot of people don't care, but they don't have kids, when your kids do certain things, it's exciting. It gives you a common experience, a common language, with other parents, and it's all you talk about, and I don't care I love being a mom.

Besides Paul hitting milestones, Ian hit some too: he reached 600 pounds in the spring, and managed to lose close to 100 pounds after that. I know some people wonder if I like him losing weight and I am mixed about it. There was a great energy as he was gaining weight, a certain joie de vivre, and I miss that. But that certain joie de vivre has been replaced by a different one, it's not as intoxicating, but it's still very and the effects of Ian having more energy are fantastic, it's allowed me to let myself go more than I could have otherwise.

My own milestones weren't as big as Ian's, though one could argue going back to work after a year off is a huge achievement. It really turns your life upside down, people don't really understand what it's like until they do it. Besides that I've managed to pile on enough weight to become 'fatter than ever'. I love that little expression 'Fatter than Ever', gives me a warm little giggle. 470 pounds feels right, I feel like I can keep growing from here. I was worried that as I gained I’d start to tire of it, feel that there are more pluses than minuses. While there are minuses, there are plenty of pluses for now!

Finally, there’s the Amy update. I didn’t get to see her nearly as much as I’d like, though when I saw her, I got to see plenty of her! Ian and I were right, she’s far fatter than she said she was. She weighed in at 502 pounds on New Years she tells me! She’s safe and sound at home in Calgary now. I haven’t had much chance to talk with her, but I’m sure we’ll catch up more, if she’s not too caught up being a 500 pounder!

Comments:
Is Amy doing well with her mobility at 500 pounds?

Gerry
 
Does nobody else realise the imminent death or health problems that await someone that big? Don't get me wrong, I'm not conforming to the masses of people turning into lollipops, but I still want to be around to see my children get married and have their own children. Why would anybody want to jeopardize one's health and life expectancy for being bigger? There are other ways to be happy. I guess it's something I'll never understand, being a shopaholic, not being able to get around the mall would be devistating.
 
Wow, you must have no spare time, what with your comments on the blogs of people who smoke, drink and drive, sky dive, climb mountains, cross the street without looking, eat red meat, bait bears, join gangs and, well, you know the list of evertyhing that can kill you better than I do.

At least your hobby won't get you killed, unless you lecture the Hell's Angels why they should wear helmets.

I doubt you'd have the courage to tell someone that though.
 
She seems to be doing fine, Gerry
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?