Monday, March 19, 2007

Fatso vs Preggo

It's my understanding that pregnancy is a very individual thing, different people have different experiences, and, for that matter, different pregnancies are easier/harder for women who have done it before!

My pregnancy went very well. It might be because even though I gained weight while pregnant, I was still a shadow of my former self. So I can compare the experiences, but I can't compare gaining weight from being skinny and getting preggo from being skinny.

Further, since being preggo, I find gaining weight MUCH easier. I think that's because being preggo was more awkward than simply being fat, so in comparison, this is pretty easy.
There are aches and pains associated with weight gain, but I'm told there are hormones released during pregnancy that ease them, and that the effects might be permanent, i.e., after having a baby it's just easier to gain weight.

So, in summary... I liked being pregnant at 350 pounds more than I liked being 460 pounds before I was pregnant. While I enjoyed being pregnant more than I enjoy being 482 pounds, I'm finding myself much happier with my body now than before I was pregnant.

I really miss the liscenses to eat and be crazy (she's eating for two, it's just her hormones). I have no such excuses now. Doesn't stop me from eating or being crazy, of course.

PS: Storth - if I'm doing my job as a writer, then I'm far more beautiful in your imagination than I could ever be in a picture!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?