Monday, April 30, 2007

Char the Animal

Every once in a while I get reminded that whatever my wishes and desires might be, I'm still an animal with animal instincts. It's spring, and in spring the instincts are to just get outside. I have, it's been absolutely glorious. The cost has been my appetite. I have no desire to cook. I have no desire to eat. There's that part of me that wants to get to 500 pounds, and right now it's stuck in the back and I'm just enjoying life.

I guess there are worse things than putting your dreams on hold and just enjoying life.

And I do enjoy being reminded that whatever I think I'm in control of my life, in actuality, my body is in control, and always will be the final arbiter of what I will do.

I like that I'm an animal.

Comments:
Spring has sprung and gaining is losing precedence. How cool, since it delays the inevitable peek over the peak and schussing down the downhill shrinking side.

I wonder if Sherrie is privy to your blog and your actual weight measurements and is herself gearing up to take you on in her weight reduction camp. I suspect that the longer you let it go the harder it will be for you to surmount the 500 pound mountain as the increasing temperature(which tends to retard appetite), enhanced exercise and sweating associated with moving all that leviathin-like girth tends to naturally reduce your weight.

Perhaps, if you really want to get the gaining portion over with(how disappointing and a shabby thought that would be), perhaps you need to just set aside this upcoming weekend for total all out gargantuan gaining consumption. Otherwise your body will tend to slide back a bit and settle in for a while below the mountain top. Sometimes, when taking on a mountain top you need to make that rush to the top before momentum is lost and never regained.

I wonder what new and improved mountains await you beyond 500. Just losing the weight will be traveling over old territory in many ways. Your weight will track backwards along the pounds you put you in recent months. Your body's balance and musclature will attempt to reorient itself to the changing tides of your gargantuan globularity. Your stomach stretched to perform the herculean task of processing the humongous quantities of foodstuffs into blood swimming calories will feel underutilized and demanding of more work. But all of this is old, you having done this all before.

What could be new? Increasing your muscles abilities to move around your quarter ton with athletic grace and not elephantine dignity? Trying to watch the rippling skin begin to sag and crease as flabulous flesh shrinks?

I wonder if this will be a dirge or an ode to joy....

Huge
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?