Friday, April 27, 2007

Fat Friday

I'm having a fat day. Now, before you go running off to tell the media that the 496 pound woman feels fat, let me explain. Amongst the various facets of any given day, I've always had 'fat days', 'skinny days', and 'normal days'. Doesn't matter my size, I've always had them. True, a 'normal day' is pretty much a 'fat day', and 'skinny days' are far less frequent than they used to be, but they do come up (I had one on Sunday, so it's probably weather related).

Fat Days usually come after I've been gaining weight for a sustained streak, or after a sudden gain, but not always. And not this one, not really. So what brought on today's 'fat day'? It always starts in bed, like most days. On a Fat Day I have trouble getting out of bed. Normally I've got a bit of a rhythm for getting out of bed, and on Fat Days I just don't get into that rhythm, so I struggle to sit up, and today I gave up and just sort of rolled out of bed. I had my shower, and while it's been a while since the towel wrapped all the way around, it felt like I was trying to cover up with a hand towel this morning. Breakfast took a lot of energy to get together, and the walk to the car just too FOREVER. The seatbelt was tight, I got a crappy parking spot in the garage at work, the elevator was crowded on the way up and I can feel my ass hanging off the chair more than usual.

So that's what a fat day is.

On a normal day, nothing's different, but I just don't feel aware of it.

On a skinny day, everything just seems easier, even though it's not really.

I used to hate Fat Days, of course, when I was skinny a 'Fat Day' meant I was a little bloated and my waistband just didn't feel right. Now, I love them, they help me get in tune with my life, get in tune with my day, and get in tune with my body. It's still miserable those moments where things aren't 'right', but the moment I realize that I've realized it's not right, it puts a smile on my face. Maybe a 'Fat Day' is a kind of 'manic-depressive' day.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?