Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thursday Rebuttal

Thanks for the stats. I love that stuff. Char 4.5. Not sure that has a great ring to it, but there's certainly something there!

I assure you that any impression of 'oppression' or 'lack of interest' is to be found the medium: I like writing my blog, and post when I don't really have much to say. There's a little bit of anger at myself for not posting something creative or interesting, and I'm sure that comes out in the writing. I am absolutely in love with the process, but it's been all I write about (it's about all that I do!), and it's tough to keep that fresh and interesting.

With that said, I'm also looking forward to the next stage, it can't come soon enough. My ultimate goal, for now, is to have another baby. That means getting to a smaller size. Since I plan to lose a lot of weight, I want to have something to look back on, and I really want to be able to look back and see that I wasn't 'fat', but in fact 500 pounds. It might seem like the same thing, but I can be 150 pounds and 'fat', having something specific just helps cement this phase of my life. The sooner I reach that goal, the sooner I can reach the next one. This goal really has consumed me, the number one aspect of my life is my weight and my weight gain. That includes coming ahead of being a parent, and as awful as that sounds, it's really a sign of how effective Ian has been, and how lucky we are that Paul doesn't require more of my attention. Paul does get as much attention as I feel he needs, he still comes first as far as I'm concerned, but the fact is, when I'm at work, and when he's in bed, that's the majority of my day, so the majority of my life truly is Paul free. Ian handles much of the routine for now, so while Paul is priority #1, he's just not very time intensive, and thus the majority of my life right now is focused on getting and being fat.

I haven't talked with Amy in a little while. With the tax deadline coming up, and the Flames being in the playoffs, we just don't have our schedules in synch right now. I know she's busy, on top of everything else, they've got a house to move into soon. Amy has committed to returning to blogging when she's legally permitted to. Right now, she's hoping to return in a year or so, but it's tough to say. She does do a newsletter through email though, so if you'd really like to know what she's up to, you can always email her: thedvdbabe@gmail.com

I haven't really been in touch with Alex either. He's a nice guy and all, but we just don't have enough in common to be 'friends' these days. His attitude towards weight gain is dissimilar to mine, so we don't even share that, really.

Comments:
I totally understand the excitement of moving on to the next phase in your life, but I was wondering if you had thought about outdoing Amy one last time. Since you'll unlikely be so close in weight again, and her weight is sidetracked at the moment, have you thought about gaining until you're heavier than her one last time before losing the weight for good?
 
I've had lots of thoughts. 500 is the goal for now.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?