Thursday, May 17, 2007

More Amy, and a Little Philosophy

I don't have the impression that Amy has an specific goals, weight wise, for now. She's enjoying her weight, she's enjoying her gain, and she'll keep going as long as she enjoys it. If pushed to come up with a limit, I believe 600 pounds has come up in discussion. She's not sure she could really do that, but when I first moved to London the idea of being even 300 pounds seemed like something she couldn't do, so we'll see.

She has made plans to come back to Ontario this summer, so it'll be my first time seeing her since she hit 500 pounds for New Year's. Depending on when they show up she could be as much as 550 pounds the next time I see her. Also, depending on when she shows up, I'll be a tad slimmer too.

As for a personal philosophy, 'Better to regret something you did than something you didn't do' isn't so bad. I don't know that I'd put my own into words that way, though I suppose a true personal philosophy cannot be written out in a sentence, and if it can, you're probably a very dull person! Maybe a top 10 list of sentences? My guiding thought has always been that bringing beauty to the world is of paramount importance. I guess I would regret passing an opportunity to make the world a more beautiful place. I would regret taking actions that reduced beauty though! Dovetailing with my previous comments, I'm aware that 'beauty' is a very ethereal concept, and what is beautiful to me is hideous to others. It's a delicate balance between creating beauty by your own terms and beauty by social terms. Both would be very important to me. I want to make myself as happy as possible, while making the greatest number of people happy too. The best artists are probably those who go too far one way or the other, and a struggling artist is someone who's probably found a good balance...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?