Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Keepin' it Real

Sometimes it's tough to come up with a title.

Matt: I'll be honest, without a specific weight goal, the numbers on the scale aren't of all that much interest to me. I realise that they're a quick way to illustrate changes in a blog, so I've enjoyed weighing in for those purposes. I admit there were times where I felt like a slave to the scale, so it's nice to get away from that. Ian really IS a slave to the scale, he's the one behind the weekly weigh ins, so this is tougher on him than on me. I have no doubt he'll cheat at some point, it's pretty simple to find a scale at a gym, I just don't care to hear the number.

It's going to be a good summer though, I think. We'll be focusing more on how we feel, how we fit into the world, rather than just some numbers that really don't mean as much as how we feel does.

I HAVE been eating plenty, Ian's sure I'm bigger now, and I can't really say I disagree with him, I think I am. In the past the numbers haven't always agreed with the feelings though, so it'll be nice to get in touch with my body this way.

We went back home for the weekend for Father's day. Saturday we went to James and Jeri's place. I was a little sad to miss Amanda, but she was with her daddy, so I can't really begrudge her that! My sister kept Paul, so it was nice for the four of us to have an 'adult' evening. It's funny how your perception of the world 'adult' changes once you've got kids. Sitting around, drinking beer and not worrying about keeping things quiet is now my definition of an 'adult evening'. Lame or not, it was fun.

One thing I did notice was that Jeri's getting pretty big again. It's tough to say how big she is now, certainly not my size, but getting close to her old top weight. James has gained a lot of weight too. That was the bigger surprise really, he's always been in pretty good shape, now I'm trying to remember if he was in shape the last few times we saw him or not!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?