Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Staying In is the new Going Out

'Global Warming' has got some bad PR. If they'd just called it Crazy Ass Weather, or Nobody Can Predict With Any Certainty What Will Happen Tomorrow people'd be all over it now. The weather this month is just nuts, and it's hard to attribute a cool drizzly day to Global Warming, but the fact that the weather people can't get much right this summer means that the weather has changed.

Not that I'm really here to debate climate theory. I have no expertise besides watching 'An Inconvenient Truth' and reading a few essays that counter it, and then a few essays that counter those essays. I might've read one essay that counters a counter essay, but it's tough to tell, and I don't really care. I just care that the weatherman is wrong often enough that it sucks, but not often enough to assume he's wrong. It's been a crazy summer so far! We haven't done as many of the fairs and such because it's tough to know when the right time to go is.

There also seems to be less this summer, though I think it really peaked a few years ago, I think there was something big every weekend, or maybe I was just a little more on the pulse back then? Either way, we hardly go, and I don't really miss them either.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?