Sunday, August 12, 2007

C'est la vie, eh?

I'd planned to post earlier this week, but obviously didn't happen. C'est la vie, eh?

Anyway, for the long weekend we went to Newmarket to see friends and family, we had a lot of fun. It's nice when your parents say 'We'll look after Paul, see you tomorrow'. Of course, as much as you want to stay out late, you just can't, not any more. C'est la vie, eh?

Amy and Thomas came back to London with us, and we had a couple of days to kick back and eat together. Well, evenings, Ian and I had to work. C'est la vie, eh?

But we did have a couple of good meals, I made one of my mega batches of fetticini al fredo, and the other night we just had pizza (and pizza and pizza). Not as much time as I'd have liked, but c'est la vie, eh?

Amy's tipping the scales at 526 pounds, or at least was on Wednesday. I wasn't quite sure what to expect when I saw Amy. I have to say, she seemed smaller than I was expecting. I just had a mental picture of her being incredibly huge, and I guess my imagination ran away a little. She does absolutely dwarf Ian now, which I enjoyed. I guess I was expecting her to be a lot bigger than me, and she's really not. Maybe I underestimated myself more than over estimating her? I was sorely tempted to weigh in myself, but stuck to my guns, no weigh in until September. C'est la vie, eh?

Ian and I have been getting ready for vacation. We've been getting things cleaned up and packed up. We're going to just do some touristy things around Ontario this summer. We've never really done that since we were kids, so thought that might be fun. Not sure when we'll be back, although I have to work on the 20th, so I hope it's before then!

If I get a chance to post, I will, if not...

c'est la vie, eh?

Comments:
Did you just say "Eh?" Ah, you are Canadian!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?