Wednesday, August 29, 2007

More about ME

I've been having fun writing stories, haven't taken much time to write about me!

I AM enjoying the stories though. I've started dozens in my head, just a thought, an opening paragraph, or maybe a destination, and then usually they're gone. So putting them down on paper, so to speak, is fun, and then actually pursuing them, that's interesting too.

Megan's story is clearly an opening I didn't know what to do with. I like where it's going, though I feel it's a bit of a waste of the opening. I might have to recycle it when I really figure out what to do with it. I was trying to come up with some sort of Twilight Zone thing, but it never happened. Maybe it'll come, maybe not. I was planning to take Megan there, but I think the story doesn't need that, it's got its own hook.

I'm a little disappointed that Byline hasn't gotten a response. Maybe it's a weak opening? I was thinking that I might take the time to put up a fake blog to go with it, but not sure where I'd get the time to do that. If Byline stays up, I guess it'll stay in my own diary for now.

I'm enjoying Karen's story too, but with 3 stories so far I've really written 6 chapters, and I'm terrified of contradicting myself in it. I could study my own stories, but again, I don't really have the time for that. I'm just writing what comes and posting it. There's no editing, which I'm sure is clear to some people. If you're interested in editing my stories, go ahead. Just don't repost them as your own, okay? If you've got feedback, email me: charmcd@gmail.com or post a comment. If a story doesn't get a response, it doesn't get another posting, unless I happen to come up with something that really needs to be said.

Besides that, been a pretty dull time. Work is busy with everyone being on vacation. It's nothing challenging, mostly a matter of dealing with people on the other end of the phone who are covering for people on vacation, so they have no idea what's going on.

Ian's a little stressed at work, there's some shake ups there, and he's been filling a few different roles, so he's not sure what to expect. He likes the idea of more responsibility, but only if the money comes with it!

Sherry's ready to start whipping me into shape. I'm a little hesitant myself. I'm just getting comfortable with my weight, it's not like before where I just wasn't happy at 460 pounds, this feels good, feels right. I am going to go ahead and start exercising/eating better, but I was just expecting to be a little more enthusiastic. I know this won't work if I don't want it to, so we'll see if I can convince myself. Or something.


Comments:
I've been busy so I haven't had time to post till now. I just want to say that all the stories are great so far! I hope you continue all of them. Byline is particularly enticing. Too bad it's not the real thing in a magazine where everything is heavily documented. That would simply be awesome to see.
 
I love the stories, you're a great writer! And it doesn't make sense that you should force yourself to get smaller if you don't feel like it yet. Shouldn't you lose when you feel good and ready, like before?
 
Jay:

1) Thanks

2) Ever do something in life that you didn't enjoy at first, but came to love? Sometimes you need to force yourself to do something. I know full well that if I'm not really into losing weight, I won't. Not long term. So if it doesn't work out... well, i might very well end up fatter than ever.

It's win win ;-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?