Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Byline: The Fat Life - Week 6

At 144 pounds, it's becoming impossible to convince myself I'm not fat, and I've still got a lot more weight to gain. I've also discovered what it takes to truly feel fat: the jiggle.

The other day I was running to catch an elevator, and I had the oddest, sensation, like my stomach was bouncing up and down. It turns out, my stomach was bouncing up and down! I understand that this is part of being fat, and I should have seen it coming, but the sensation was so new, so different, it really did take me by surprise.

I'll be honest, being a jiggler scared me at first. The thought of having enough fat on my body that it hangs and flops around just terrified me. It wasn't long before the journalist writing this piece came through though. I started to investigate the jiggle.

How much was I jiggling? Not very much.

Where was I jiggling? Pretty much everywhere.

How did the jiggling physically feel? Once I got past my fat-is-evil instincts and began to experience jiggling impartially, I quickly came to see it as a natural extension of myself. It isn't bad at all. It feels alien, of course. It's a new sensation, like eating Thai for the first time, watching HDTV, or reading the book before it's turned into a blockbuster starring Tom Hanks. It's strange at first, but ultimately, there's plenty to enjoy, and you start to wonder how you survived without it.

Not only have I come to peace with the jiggle, I'm starting to wonder how much more I'll be jiggling. Will I notice it more as I gain? Will it ever be as exciting as it is now? Can it possibly get better?

I'm not sure what is weirder: the fact that my body now moves on it's own, or that the jiggle has changed from a signal of being too fat to a desire to gain more weight.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
great installment. I luv the part about the jiggle!!!!!
 
I'm really enjoying the contrast between Byline and most of your other stories, since it deals with much smaller gains, yet they still feel like a great change to the gainer.


I also recall the first time I ran up some stairs and jiggled, much fun :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?