Friday, May 02, 2008

Matt and Annie: Back to Basics

Matt woke up early. He looked over at the alarm clock, he still had an hour to sleep. A moment after closing his eyes to go back to sleep he realised why he'd woken up: he could smell bacon!

Without even looking Matt could tell Annie wasn't in the bed. The mattress just wasn't squished enough. She was making herself another big breakfast.
Matt closed his eyes again, he wanted a little more sleep. It was only a moment before he realised that he wanted bacon too much to go back to sleep now. He slowly turned to get up. In the month since Annie had moved in he'd gained weight faster than ever, and was still getting used to getting his growing body out of bed each morning.

He smiled when he got to the kitchen. The table was overflowing with food. Annie was seated at the stove tending some bacon. She turned and smiled at him as she got to her feet. She was wearing a bedsheet as a sort of apron/toga. She'd been wearing it for a couple of weeks now, but Matt was still taken aback by how big she seemed to be in it.

"Looks like you're going to have a big breakfast," he said as he dropped into his chair.

"Correction my love," she slowly brought over the pan of bacon to add to the pile in front of him, "YOU'RE going to have a big breakfast this morning."

"You think I'm going to eat all this?" Matt surveyed the table, he'd never eaten so much in his life, though he'd gotten over the last few months.

As she loaded up his plate with bacon, eggs, ham and hashbrowns she reassured him, "Oh, yes, you're going to eat it all."

Matt laughed a little, "I don't even think you can eat this much!"

Annie glared at him, "This isn't about me, my little man, it's about you. For too long I've sat back and just wished you'd gain some weight. I've finally decided to do something about it."

Matt wanted to argue, but he couldn't resist the bacon any more. He ate the first plate of food quickly, wanting to make room for the pancakes he'd spotted. As Annie drenched the flapjacks in maple syrup he spoke up again, "Gain weight? I've gained plenty of weight. Sure it might not be as much as you've gained..."

Annie cut him off, "I already said, this isn't about me, it's about you. If you think I'm fat now, just wait to see how big you're going to get."

Again Matt was too preoccupied with cleaning his plate to say anything else. Annie added another heap of bacon, eggs and toast to his plate. "I'm never going to finish this before it's time to head to work."

"If that happens, you'll be late for work. But I have faith in you honey. I know you can do it."

More pancakes and Matt was already starting to feel full. He looked out at the table and realised that there wasn't really as much food as he'd thought. He still wasn't sure he'd finish it off, but maybe...

An hour later the dishes were empty and Matt was full. The alarm went off in their bedroom. Annie headed down the hall, "don't worry, I'll get it".

Matt laughed, "like there's any possible way for me to get it. I can't move!"

"Trust me," Annie called out, waddling back into the kitchen, "I know exactly how you feel." She started cooking up some more bacon and eggs.

"Oh Annie! I can't eat another bite, I really can't. I can't even believe I ate what I did."

"This time it really is about me, I'm making MY breakfast now."

Matt watched as the table refilled with just as much food as was there before, and then Annie sat down and managed to eat as much as he had in half the time. "Time to get ready to go," she announced, looking at the clock.

Matt struggled to his feet, still uncomfortably full. Annie seemed to spring to her feet and bound down the hall as she got ready for the day.

When Matt got home from work that evening, pizza boxes were stacked and waiting for him. "There's no way that's enough for both of us," he said, looking the stack up and down.

Annie smiled patiently, "they're all for you lover boy. Eat up!"

Once again Matt managed to eat through more food than he thought possible.

Once again, Annie followed it up with her own tremendous meal.

In fact, this continued through the week. Though he didn't realise it, Matt was eating bigger and bigger meals each time he sat down to what Annie had prepared him. He was eating quicker, as his body became used to processing the vast amounts he was consuming, and he was eating longer, as Annie continued to increase his calorie counts.

When Matt finished breakfast on Saturday morning, Annie noticed he had a somewhat expectant look on his face, "what can I do for you baby?"

Matt was a little befuddled, "I, um, isn't there any more? I'm still hungry."

"Still hungry? Oh baby! I've been waiting for months to hear you say that!" She went right to work making up some more bacon and eggs for him. By lunch time he was hardly done breakfast. Dinner time followed closely after lunch and he was snacking right up until bed time.

At least, it would have been bed time if he could have moved, but he was fast asleep on the couch

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:
Nice story. Keep them coming. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?