Tuesday, October 09, 2007

No Last Hurrah

It's kind of snuck up on me, but today was the proverbial 'first day of the rest of my life'. Or at the very least the first day of another chapter. Today's the day I changed my lifestyle with a goal of getting to a reasonable baby bearing weight. I'd like to get to 250. 280 is fine. We'll see how I feel at 350 though. So there's a while to go.

I'd always considered one big weekend to sort of cap off the fat life, and while Thanksgiving SEEMS like an ideal weekend to do that, it really isn't. We were back home in Toronto, visiting family and friends, and that was the focus. I did cook up a traditional dinner Sunday, and that was fun. I ate plenty, of course, but not an orgy of food and gaining that one might hope for.

The thing is: I didn't hope for it. I've been enjoying my weight, enjoying my life, and I'm really ready to move on, there was just no need to celebrate it. I'm not going to be skinny any time soon, and I'm going to let myself eat when I feel the need to, so we'll see how things work out in a few months.

Today wasn't exactly a radical departure for me. Normal breakfast, bagel, muffin, fruit and juice. I had less to snack on in the morning, a little less at lunch, a little less in the afternoon and a little less at dinner. I'll tell ya, it was a pretty big feat to ensure there were actually left overs!

Because of the long weekend I didn't do a great job of co-ordinating with Sherry, so we hit the gym tomorrow, not today. That'll be the real start of the New Char, I suppose.

Labels: ,


Comments:
So what is life like at 500 plus? Are hall ways and door ways hard to manuever? What is it like, just a curious and interested admirer of big women and your blog. You sound so in to being fat it is enticing.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?