Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Sick Day

A sick day is never fun. Especially when you're the victim of a full body dry hacking cough.

On the plus side, I'm getting plenty of exercise hacking up a lung.

My new lifestyle is going pretty well. Been spending plenty of time in the pool, less time in the kitchen, and I've dropped 5 pounds so far. I'm not in danger of slipping down the drain any time soon, but it's still progress, which is the drug that makes me keep going.

My favourite part is swimming. I wish I'd been swimming more, it feels absolutely incredible. When I'm in the water, I almost feel like my body is melting into it. I'm plenty buoyant, and feeling the water against all my flesh feels so nice. The most interesting part is when I get out of the water, and my weight returns. At first I didn't really like it, going from sleek and care free in the water to heavy and slow on the deck, but I've really gained a fuller appreciation of how big I am because of it.

I've had a chance to knock out some more story chapters. I've got a few in reserve I'll be putting out. I've been trying to keep a balance of the stories, but I'm clearly more inspired for some than others. Given that my recent posts haven't gotten much attention, I'll probably stop writing those stories, unless something comes to me.

The other thing I've noticed is that I never really planned 'endings' for my stories, so some of them are kind of limping along, rather than actually going any where.

I've also taken the step of writing a 'spin off'. Even though I've only posted on chapter of Ellen and Ryan, I've written 2 more. I've also written 5 chapters of Andrea and Ellen, a story that focuses on Andrea, but involves Ellen. My goal is to bring the characters together and start writing where there are more than 2 main characters.

As always, if anyone has any suggestions or requests, they’re welcomed and encouraged.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Sounds like great story ideas! I love the way you write! I like the part of coming out of the water and discovering how big you are.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?