Wednesday, November 28, 2007

American Thanksgiving Results

We had out American Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday, since we had to work on American Thanksgiving (and Stephen Harper was supposedly going to turn us in mini-USA).

It's the first big meal I've made since Canadian Thanksgiving, so I was looking forward to it. I didn't to anything extraordinary, turkey, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, steamed veggies, gravy, stuffing, store bought cranberry sauce.

It was just me, Ian, Sherry and Ken (and the kids, who have no appreciation for fine dining), so it was tough to know how much to make. I planned on having leftovers, and while we did, we had less than I'd expected.

For me it was my first time turning my appetite loose since I've started my New Life. I didn't eat as much as I could have in the past, but was still quite full. I did eat a little more than I was expecting, so that was a pleasant surprise. Ian ate about how I figured he would. These days his appetite is surprisingly normal. He can eat if he really pushes, but really, he ate about as much as Ken, who's half Ian's size. My biggest surprise was Sherry. I always forget that with her metabolism, she eats a lot more than a women her size normally would. She still ate less than everyone, but a lot more than I would have at her size!

Today's weigh in was what we were expecting: I maintained a weight of 505 pounds, while Ian gained a pound to reach 381.

It was fun to take a little break from our new lives, but on Monday we settled right back into it. I wasn't too surprised by that. Sherry can be a stern taskmaster, but she really does make it easy.

The part that sucked the most is that now Ian expects me to help clean up! He was more than happy to do it when I was gaining, but not now. I gotta get preggo so he'll do all the work again!

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?