Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Winter Wasteland

It is amasing how fast a winterwonderland can turn into a frozen hell. (To anyone who uses the expression 'when hell freezes over' has never been outside when it's minus 20. It is hell.) Everything is covered in a dull frost, the salt on the roads turns a pasty white; however if you're actually outside, you can't look around for fear of the wind blasting your eyeballs out.

The worst part is that it rained last night, so all the snow is gone, so under the frost is brown. Ick.

I'm in the market for a new car, haven't quite decided which way to go yet. Still have friends in high places at a Ford dealership, so we might see about getting something from them. Not sure what I want to drive yet. I like Ian's Murano, but since my car is the 'grocery runner', I don't need an Explorer or anything! Ian thinks we should get a Mustang.

In the world of Wasting Away, Ian's now down to 361 pounds. He's very happy with where he is now, he's big and strong without being particularly awkward. I like that he's got plenty of energy to get things done these days. I think we might be in a position where we can really keep up with buying a house.

We haven't discussed that yet though.

Maybe we will.

I've become a svelte (and palindromic) 494 pounds. I can handle stairs now. I don't want to handle stairs, but if I, oh, say, owned a house with stairs, I'd be fine.

You know what? We're going to buy a house, whether Ian wants to or not. I'm ready, he's ready, we're ready.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Awsome buy a house then.... it beats wasting I mean spending your money on rent.
 
Good luck with the weight loss and exercise program. I'm glad you are enjoying the feeling of your newfound fitness. Sometimes it is hard to motivate myself but actually I love it when I work out because when I am fit and active I am bursting with energy and ready to take on anything. It's a great feeling!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?