Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Winter Wonderland

I know that winter can be long, dreary, cold and miserable. I also know that winter can the source of a light, fluffy, magical snowfall. I can say this because I don't have to shovel, but the last couple of days we've gotten magnificant snow falls, couldn't ask for anything better really. They're not enough to bring the city to a standstill, but plenty enough to cover trees, houses and everything else in a nice, soft, puffy shell. Everything looks different, even if it is the same underneath, and I just love it.

The irony of course is that my own outside continues to become less puffy, while there are changes underneath. Just last night someone asked me how it felt to lose 25 pounds. I don't feel like I've lost 25 pounds, I feel like I've lost 100. Or more. It isn't the weight that gets me down, it's the fitness. I've been working hard in the pool, and my body is responding. I'm getting stronger, my stamina is building up, and life is just EASIER. I almost regret that it's cost me 25 pounds to get this feeling.

My goal does continue to be 280 pounds, but it's going to feel much different than I was thinking it would. I've been asked if this is still my 'long term goal'. I always reply that I don't have long term goals. Planning to hit 280 is the longest I've ever planned anything. I can't say what I'll choose to do next once (if) I reach this goal, and I'd be quite disappointed in myself if I could.

Thanks for the suggestions for writing. I haven't even tried writing since last week, I guess my creative urges have been supplanted by my efforts in the pool. I'm a little sad to see that I have to sacrifice one aspect for the other, but I'm sure over time my creative juices will begin to flow again.

I also think I said too much about Amy last week, in trying to not say too much. I'm sorry. She's fine, she really is. For most people losing a couple of pounds isn't a big deal, or even noteworthy. Everyone has ups and downs, and she's no different. It won't be long before she's fatter than ever!

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Char I chatted with Amy on yahoo, she seems fine and as soon as she gets over her cold, I imagine everything will return to normal with her :)

Nick
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?